Rawang – The State Government will ensure the safety of all affected residents of Teratai Apartments, Taman Bunga Raya, Bukit Beruntung, Rawang whose homes were in the vicinity of the landslide yesterday.
Selangor State Exco for Housing, Building Management and Urban Settlers, Iskandar Samad said his department will ensure that the affected homes are certified as safe before the residents can be allowed to return.
“All affected residents are advised to not return to their homes for the time being. If they need to return home to retrieve their belongings, they are required to inform the local authorities first.”
“For senior citizens, patients and special needs children, they are advised to report to the local authorities for further instructions,” he said in a media statement today.
The Cempaka State Assemblyman also added that the State Government will look after the welfare of the affected residents by providing basic necessities like blankets and food.
Yesterday a landslide occurred in the area which was reportedly caused by soil erosion due to excessive water inundating the area from a torrential downpour and possibly affecting the stability of the ground in the vicinity of Block K and L of the apartments.
Over 2,000 families have been evacuated to three nearby schools; Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Bunga Raya 1; Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Bunga Raya 2; and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Taman Bunga Raya which are located near the Titiwangsa flats after the landslide occurred on Monday evening.
Iskandar Samad stated that two further soil movements had been detected since this morning and if this continues, the stability of the apartment blocks could be affected.
He added that the landslide is being investigated by the relevant authorities, including the Hulu Langat District Council and the Public Works Department (JKR). Fortunately, no one was injured in yesterday’s landslide.